The Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office is currently recruiting volunteers to serve on their advisory committees. The volunteer advisory committees evaluate grants and help applicants design better projects. These decisions impact the future of our outdoors, by guiding how we protect and improve Washington’s environment and outdoor recreation opportunities.
According to the RCO, as an advisory committee member, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn and grow professionally while enhancing your resume.
- Get the inside scoop on how we’re investing in Washington’s outdoors.
- Network among a community of like-minded people who truly care about making Washington a better place to live, play, and work.
- Understand what makes a good project and how to score well in future evaluations.
- Ensure that the funding process remains fair and that public dollars are spent only on the best projects.
Learn more about these volunteer opportunities on the RCO’s website and check out the video below!