LEGISLATIVE DAY 2023
february 1, 2023
Join the Washington Wildlife & Recreation Coalition and the Washington Recreation & Park Association on February 1, 2023 at our annual Parks and Great Outdoors Legislative Day.
Help us advocate for our state’s premier outdoors fund, the Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program (WWRP), and tell your legislators why Washington’s parks, wildlife habitat areas, and working lands deserve to be funded.
Never met with a legislator before? Don’t worry; we will make sure you have everything you need, including pre-event training. And we’ll even schedule your meetings for you!
Register for Legislative Day HERE. This event will be held virtually.
Schedule of Events
January 23 @ 11:30-12:30 and Jan 26 @ 1-2pm -Training Sessions
- Virtual Lobby Day 101 & What’s different this year
- Missed the training session, watch the recording here
February 1, All Day – Virtual Legislative Day
- We’ll set up your meetings based on legislator availability throughout this day-we’ll keep you updated on schedules as much as we can!
- All meetings will be online. Links and other details will come with your meeting schedule.
- Registration CLOSED
- Legislative Day Materials
- You have questions. We’ve got answers! Join us at our Zoom Basecamp on February 1 HERE to talk to a WWRC staff member.
February 1, (12:30-1:30pm) – Legislative Budget Briefing
- Our outdoor recreation and budget champions in the legislature will discuss various funding items and policy proposals related to our great outdoors.
- Capital budget leaders will give a brief Capital Budget overview, and the Outdoor Recreation Caucus will discuss their top priorities for outdoor recreation during the 2023 legislative session.
- Separate registration required bit.ly/LegBrief
February 2, 5:15pm-6:45pm – Reception @ Governor’s Mansion
- Come celebrate the great outdoors with us and your follow outdoor lovers!
- Arrive promptly to hear from Governor Inslee at 5:30pm
- Commissioner Hilary Franz will also address the group later in the program
- SOLD OUT