Agency Seeking Applicants for Farming Grants

March 3, 2019

Information about an upcoming webinar on farm and forestland WWRP grants!

Excerpt:The Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office is accepting grant applications to conserve working farms and forests and to build facilities for large boats.

Under the Washington Wildlife and Recreation program, landowners can receive cash for voluntary land retention agreements, also called conservation easements, that prevent future development on farms, ranches and working forests.
According to the agency, Washington lost more than 2.6 million acres of farmland since 1950, and about 700,000 acres of forestland since 1978 to urban development.

Read the full piece in the Lewiston Tribune.