Protecting our great outdoors can seem complicated from jargon-filled articles to local politics, but don’t despair. In this season of joy, we are offering a quick reminder that you can make a difference in simple ways.
1. Introduce someone to a favorite outdoor place. A shared experience is a great gift and by taking someone you love to a place you love, you can instill in them the importance of protecting our natural heritage.
2. Carpool to the slopes. It’s cheaper and allows you to socialize more with your ski buddies. Plus, it keeps our air cleaner so you can see from peak-to-peak once you’re on the mountain.
3. Visit a state or national park. Visiting Washington’s many parks is not only fun, but it also supports conservation and local economies. Entry fees help pay parks’ costs, keeping them accessible to everyone, and gateway communities rely on spending from park visitors.
4. Send us a photo. We are always trying to share our love for the outdoors with new community members. By sharing a photo of you enjoying the outdoors, you can help us better illustrate our story about how Washingtonians rely on and treasure our diverse landscape. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Give to the Coalition! Supporting our work ensures future generations will be able to enjoy access to trails, parks, waterways, and locally-grown food across our state. We just made leaving that legacy easier by simplifying our giving page!
Photo by lupinoduck on Flickr.