Strengthen your fundraising, donor relations and event experience. Build your professional resume and help protect Washington’s quality of life.
The Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition, a nonprofit conservation group, seeks an enthusiastic and motivated full-time intern to assist our fundraising team. This position reports directly to and will be evaluated by the Development Director.
- Work with High-Powered Board: The Coalition’s 60 member board includes former Governors and Congressmen, sitting state legislators and businessmen and women. An ability to respectfully represent the Coalition is strongly desired.
- Events and Outreach: Work with experienced staff and our board members - all outstanding community leaders - and develop your skills in event planning and implementation. From small events and auctions at donor homes to a 600 person annual fundraising breakfast, you have the opportunity to enhance your event management skills.
- Fundraising and Development Assistance: Building relationships with our donors, maintaining our donor database, composing and sending timely donor acknowledgement letters, coordinating mailings, performing research and fact checking, assisting with grant proposals and other tasks as assigned.
We are committed to providing skills development, networking assistance, informational interview referrals and professional references for successful candidates. It is an excellent opportunity for training in nonprofit administration, development and professional growth within an established non-profit organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong editing and Internet research skills.
- High level of organization.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to respond well to guidance but work well independently.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- A working knowledge of Washington’s political landscape is a plus, but not required. Fundraising experience and familiarity with Salesforce are also beneficial.
About the Coalition:
Representing more than 250 environmental, business, and recreation groups, the Coalition works to protect parks, wildlife habitat and working farms throughout Washington. Since 1990, the Coalition has advocated for more than $660 million in funding from the Washington State Legislature for over 1,000 neighborhood parks and ball fields, biking and walking trails, nature preserves, local beaches and boat launches, wildlife habitat, working farms and state parks.
Downtown Seattle, Washington
1402 Third Ave, Suite 507
Seattle Wa 98101
Transportation benefit is provided for all Coalition interns
This internship may qualify for college credit.
Period of Employment:
Minimum 3 month committment
Qualified applicants may submit resume, cover letter and three writing samples (max. 3 pages each) attn: Gwendolyn High to Gwendolyn@WildlifeRecreation.org. Please use Development Intern as your subject header. No phone calls please.
The Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.